How to Drape a Net Dupatta with Anarkali Suit

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
I just ordered a beautiful anarkali suit from Utsav fashion online, and it arrived yesterday. I got it for an upcoming dinner / dance event here around the time of Vaisakhi. (Its not the Vaisakhi event at the Gurdwara but a dinner / dance held elsewhere) I fell in love with the empire waistline which instantly makes me look 10 lbs thinner (amazing!) and the colour and intricate embroidery make me feel like a princess!!!

Only issue is the dupatta is net material... not chiffon. Chiffon is very thin and drapes easily, because it doesn't puff up. Net material seems to be thicker, puffs up and slips easily.

What are the ways to wear it with this suit?? The way I have in the photo (which is me btw) is the way I see a lot of people wear it. Over one shoulder hanging in front, and then around back and draped over the opposite arm. Its haphazard in this photo -but it was slipping too. Should it be pinned at the shoulder to keep it neat?? Any other ways to wear it??

Sorry for the blurry cell phone pic btw. I just wanted to snap a very quick photo... and I blurred the background so you wouldnt see my messy apartment! LOL

Attachments - Sikh Philosophy Network

More...