Ram and Krishna in Sikhism: A Hindu Perspective

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
<div>Say Sri Akal everyone's

Someone posted a question in other forums and unfortunately I am not knowledgable to answer it. San someone help me answering the question is that I can make Sikhism stand on the below clear to them. Some Hindus trying to device that a lot if people by saying Rama is mentioned a lot if times in guru Granth but I know Ram is used for waheguru and not ram chandra. It's just I don't know how I explain. Below is the question:

Q: Sikh belief encourages reverence or Rama, Krishna and cultivating bhakti or praise for them?

Quote:
The following are mystical lines unraveled from the sacred scripture of the Sikh faith Sri Guru Granth Sahib. This is a compilation of verses sung in the praise of Hari, Govinda, Rama and guru. The scripture recommends the human being to become a Sikh (sishya), or a disciple of the spiritual master, in order to attain the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord. Sri Guru Grantha Sahib is composed in a poetic form in various classical ragas.

Guru Nanak Dev, the first Sikh guru, recites in the Raga Ramakali Mahala 1, Dakhni Omkar as follows:

God is one, realized by the grace of the guru.
Absolute Truth Om is the creator of Brahma.
Brahma kept Om in his heart, in his consciousness.
Absolute Truth is the creator of mountains, eras (yugas).
Absolute Truth is the one from whom Vedasa come.
Omkara is the word that liberates.
Omkara liberates the ones who follow the instruction of their spiritual master.
Om is the word you listen and ponder.
Om is the word

More...