Hair...

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
Moving the discussion to this topic. So it starts off with Singh saying the following on the topic "Rgarding Sikh Girls" http://www.sikhism.us/sikh-youth/194...-girls-11.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 77381)
The reason for keeping your hair is to accept the way God made you. If you cut your hair then you are not excepting God’s gift. The child that cannot grow hair is for a reason and God knows that reason. What we must do is accept it. God made the child that way in his eyes the child is beautiful and radiant even with out the hair. And for you to cut your hair to give to the child you are helping the child change the way he/she looks and not accepting the way God made that child and yourself. For that you are not accepting God’s will. God gave you hair as a gift. God blessed you with hair take care of them and don’t cut them.

To which I answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 84776)
You should accept God's gift of haircut, as well as his gift of nails...

Then,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85424)
Bhagat Singh ji, i see the point you are making here, but ask yourself a question. Why did the Guru's Cut their nails, but not their hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85429)
Our nails grow since they are meant to be used quite a lot. If they didn't continue to grow continuously during our lifetimes, they would eventually erode away, leaving nothing behind. Which sucks though, because we need them. (If you have a hard time grasping this concept then look at beaver's teeth, claws of lion, tiger, etc)

In our society, we would need to cut our nails because we don't use our hands alot (we use tools, which protect out hands and nails). So to keep our nails short and manegeable, we simply cut them instead of scraping them along harder/rougher surfaces.

Continues to:
Quote:

Quote:
Our nails grow since they are meant to be used quite a lot. If they didn't continue to grow continuously during our lifetimes, they would eventually erode away, leaving nothing behind. Which sucks though, because we need them. (If you have a hard time grasping this concept then look at beaver's teeth, claws of lion, tiger, etc)

In our society, we would need to cut our nails because we don't use our hands alot (we use tools, which protect out hands and nails). So to keep our nails short and manegeable, we simply cut them instead of scraping them along harder/rougher surfaces.

Thanks for the info, but i already knew this.

Quote:
You should accept God's gift of haircut, as well as his gift of nails...

What were your intentions when you wrote this? If we both agree nails can be cut but not hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85432)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85431)
Thanks for the info, but i already knew this.

What were your intentions when you wrote this? If we both agree nails can be cut but not hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85432)
Well, you said
Quote:
If you cut your hair then you are not excepting God’s gift.

My response to this was/is, You should accept God's gift of haircut, as well as his gift of nails...
If you say hair is a gift from God then so are haircuts and nails. My purpose was to make you realize that everything is a gift from God, both hair and haircuts, and that it's upto the individual which gift they want to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85433)
Yes BhagatSingh ji, i agree it is up to the individual to accept what they want. But being a Sikh we accept the hair and do not cut it and nails can be cut for the reason you have given and others. This reminds me of the shabads:

Some sing of His Power-who has that Power? Some sing of His Gifts, and know His Sign and Insignia. Some sing of His Glorious Virtues, Greatness and Beauty. Some sing of knowledge obtained of Him, through difficult philosophical studies. Some sing that He fashions the body, and then again reduces it to dust. Some sing that He takes life away, and then again restores it.

Page 2
Some sing that He seems so very far away. Some sing that He watches over us, face to face, ever-present. There is no shortage of those who preach and teach. Millions upon millions offer millions of sermons and stories. The Great Giver keeps on giving, while those who receive grow weary of receiving. Throughout the ages, consumers consume. The Commander, by His Command, leads us to walk on the Path. O Nanak, He blossoms forth, Carefree and Untroubled. || 3 || True is the Master, True is His Name-speak it with infinite love. People beg and pray, "Give to us, give to us", and the Great Giver gives His Gifts. So what offering can we place before Him, by which we might see the Darbaar of His Court? What words can we speak to evoke His Love? In the Amrit Vaylaa, the ambrosial hours before dawn, chant the True Name, and contemplate His Glorious Greatness. By the karma of past actions, the robe of this physical body is obtained. By His Grace, the Gate of Liberation is found. O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. || 4 ||

What can the poor helpless creatures do? Your Praises are overflowing with Your Treasures. Those, unto whom You give-how can they think of any other? O Nanak, the True One embellishes and exalts. || 4 || 2 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85435)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85433)
Yes BhagatSingh ji, i agree it is up to the individual to accept what they want. But being a Sikh we accept the hair and do not cut it and nails can be cut for the reason you have given and others.

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85438)
Its simple as this because it was Guru Gobind Singh Sahib jis hukam for Sikhs to keep their hair. For a Sikh there should be no other Skeptic thoughts after this. But we are Skeptic people and we want to know even more and more. In other words we want to know everything in this world and the universe, but even knowing everthing in this world is useless if you dont accept Guru ji.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85484)
It's funny how Guru Gobind Singh and the other Gurus always did the opposite of what you're saying. They never accepted any Guru jis, and they always questioned the flaws in society and not only that they actually did something about them.
A big example and a common one is Guru Nanak rejecting the jenaeoo. His father ordered him, along with a pundit, to put on this jenaeoo. He questioned them and did not wear it. Bottomline, our Gurus weren't brainless zombies and neither am I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85529)
Well if you look at this comment closely why would Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji follow another Guru when he follows God. Guru ji had the direct connection with God. But us on the other hand are just creatures that need to be guided and who do the SIkhs look to for the correct direction? Guru ji. So what must one do to follow Sikhism, follow Guru ji.
I have reminded Sikhs many times you dont have to listen to a word i say, but the only one that you should take into consideration is that ask Guru ji your question. But that doesnt always happen and people start asking question on this site and others. So the best thing anyone else or i can do is give them the facts and there will be always someone out their that disagrees, thats fine as long as its in the best interest of the person who asked the question and others. so if your implying that i am a Guru Lol, then thats your intrepation of me. Which is really funny. You got me laughing really hard here:rofl!!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85484)
Quote:
Well if you look at this comment closely why would Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji follow another Guru when he follows God. Guru ji had the direct connection with God.

What do you mean by direct connection?
Quote:
But us on the other hand are just creatures that need to be guided and who do the SIkhs look to for the correct direction? Guru ji. So what must one do to follow Sikhism, follow Guru ji.

Yes humans need guidance from time to time, but guidance doesn't mean you can't question anything.

Quote:
I have reminded Sikhs many times you dont have to listen to a word i say, but the only one that you should take into consideration is that ask Guru ji your question. But that doesnt always happen and people start asking question on this site and others. So the best thing anyone else or i can do is give them the facts and there will be always someone out their that disagrees, thats fine as long as its in the best interest of the person who asked the question and others.

Follow Guru JI, meaning follow Guru Granth Sahib?
Can you show me where in Guru Granth Sahib, rules are being imposed on the reader, like "don't cut hair"???

Quote:
so if your implying that i am a Guru Lol, then thats your intrepation of me. Which is really funny. You got me laughing really hard here:rofl!!:

How in the world you got the idea that I was implying that you are a guru, I don't know. In fact, if you read my post correctly, I said, "It's funny how Guru Gobind Singh and the other Gurus always did the opposite of what you're saying." Read my posts carefully mate.
But I am glad I put a smile on your face. :yes:
Unless you laugh without smiling....:shock: hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85539)

Yes humans need guidance from time to time, but guidance doesn't mean you can't question anything.

Can you show me where in Guru Granth Sahib, rules are being imposed on the reader, like "don't cut hair"???

How in the world you got the idea that I was implying that you are a guru, I don't know. In fact, if you read my post correctly, I said, "It's funny how Guru Gobind Singh and the other Gurus always did the opposite of what you're saying." Read my posts carefully mate.
But I am glad I put a smile on your face. :yes:
Unless you laugh without smiling....:shock: hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh (Post 85543)
Quote:
That Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji is already one with God.

Quote:
Yes question what you want but if you do not follow Guru ji then what is the use of all the answers. The answers become meaningless to you and your soul can be lossed in the five theives.

Quote:
Yes

Quote:
Can you show me where in Guru Granth Sahib, rules are being imposed on the reader, like "don't cut hair", "dont eat meat"???
That i know of nowhere and neither does it say you can cut your hair. Here are some Shabads from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib that helps one realize hair should not be cut nor does it need to be cut.

BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL: The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the Inner-knower of
my heart. The Naam is so useful to me. The Lord.s Name permeates each and every hair of mine. The Perfect True Guru has
given me this gift. || 1 || ang 1144

He gives Support to the unsupported. The
Name of the Lord is the Wealth of the poor. The Lord of the Universe is the Master of the masterless; the Beautiful-haired Lord
is the Power of the weak. The Lord is Merciful to all beings, Eternal and Unchanging, the Family of the meek and humble. The
All-knowing, Perfect, Primal Lord God is the Lover of His devotees, the Embodiment of Mercy.
-1356-
The Supreme Lord God, the Transcendent, Luminous Lord, dwells in each and every heart. Nanak begs for this blessing from
the Merciful Lord, that he may never forget Him, never forget Him. || 21 ||ang 1356

Kabeer, chant the Name of the Beautifully-haired Lord; do not sleep unaware. Chanting His Name night and
day, the Lord will eventually hear your call. || 223 || ang 1376

SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: They pluck the hair out of their heads, and drink in filthy water;
they beg endlessly and eat the garbage which others have thrown away. They spread manure, they suck in rotting smells, and
they are afraid of clean water. Their hands are smeared with ashes, and the hair on their heads is plucked out.they are like
sheep! They have renounced the lifestyle of their mothers and fathers, and their families and relatives cry out in distress. No
one offers the rice dishes at their last rites, and no one lights the lamps for them. After their death, where will they be sent?
The sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage give them no place of protection, and no Brahmin will eat their food. They remain
polluted forever, day and night; they do not apply the ceremonial tilak mark to their foreheads. They sit together in silence, as
if in mourning; they do not go to the Lord.s Court. With their begging bowls hanging from their waists, and their fly-brushes in
their hands, they walk along in single file. They are not Yogis, and they are not Jangams, followers of Shiva.
-150-
They are not Qazis or Mullahs. Ruined by the Merciful Lord, they wander around in disgrace, and their entire troop is
contaminated. The Lord alone kills and restores to life; no one else can protect anyone from Him. They go without giving alms
or any cleansing baths; their shaven heads become covered with dust. The jewel emerged from the water, when the mountain
of gold was used to churn it. The gods established the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, where the festivals are
celebrated and hymns are chanted. After bathing, the Muslims recite their prayers, and after bathing, the Hindus perform their
worship services. The wise always take cleansing baths. At the time of death, and at the time of birth, they are purified, when
water is poured on their heads. O Nanak, the shaven-headed ones are devils. They are not pleased to hear these words. When
it rains, there is happiness. Water is the key to all life. When it rains, the corn grows, and the sugar cane, and the cotton,
which provides clothing for all. When it rains, the cows always have grass to graze upon, and housewives can churn the milk
into butter. With that ghee, sacred feasts and worship services are performed; all these efforts are blessed. The Guru is the
ocean, and all His Teachings are the river. Bathing within it, glorious greatness is obtained. O Nanak, if the shaven-headed
ones do not bathe, then seven handfuls of ashes are upon their heads. || 1 || ang 150

On the fourteenth day of the lunar cycle, in the fourteen worlds and on each and every hair, the Lord
abides. Center yourself and meditate on truth and contentment. Speak the speech of God.s spiritual wisdom. || 15 ||ang 344

Hearing the Bani of the Lord.s Name, all my affairs were brought to
perfection and embellished. With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord. I
meditate on the Lord.s Name, and become pure; He has no form or shape. The Name of the Lord, Raam, Raam, is permeating
my heart deep within, and all of my desire and hunger has disappeared. My mind and body are totally adorned with peace and
tranquility; through the Guru.s Teachings, the Lord has been revealed to me. The Lord Himself has shown His kind mercy to
Nanak; He has made me the slave of the slaves of His slaves. || 3 || ang 443

Your eyes are beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. Your nose is graceful, and Your hair is so long. Your body is
precious, cast in gold. His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna.s mala; meditate on Him, O sisters. You shall not have to
stand at Death.s door, O sisters, if you listen to these teachings. From a crane, you shall be transformed into a swan, and the
filth of your mind shall be removed. Your eyes are beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. || 7 || ang 567

I have come to Your Sanctuary, Destroyer of pain; O Primal
Immaculate Lord, may I dwell upon You in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. O Lord of beautiful hair, Destroyer of
pain, Eradicator of sins, Nanak lives, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 2 || 9 || 125 || ang 829

Finally, the True Guru said, .When I am gone, sing Kirtan in Praise of the Lord, in Nirvaanaa.. Call
in the long-haired scholarly Saints of the Lord, to read the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har. Read the sermon of the Lord, and
listen to the Lord.s Name; the Guru is pleased with love for the Lord. Do not bother with offering rice-***** on leaves, lighting
lamps, and other rituals like floating the body out on the Ganges; instead, let my remains be given up to the Lord.s Pool. The
Lord was pleased as the True Guru spoke; he was blended then with the all-knowing Primal Lord God.
-924-
The Guru then blessed the Sodhi Ram Das with the ceremonial tilak mark, the insignia of the True Word of the Shabad. || 5 || ang 923

BhagatSingh ji, Why would Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji give the order to the Sikhs to keep their hair and why did the Gurus keep their hair uncut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhagatSingh (Post 85598)
Quote:
Yes question what you want but if you do not follow Guru ji then what is the use of all the answers.

Did Guru Nanak follow any Guru Jis? No, and yet he found a use of all the answers.

Quote:
The answers become meaningless to you and your soul can be lossed in the five theives.

oh pluhlease.
Ill comment once you explain your definition of the soul and five thieves.
Quote:
That i know of nowhere and neither does it say you can cut your hair. Here are some Shabads from the Sri Guru Granth Sahib that helps one realize hair should not be cut nor does it need to be cut.

Ok let's see...

Quote:
BHAIRAO, FIFTH MEHL: The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the Inner-knower of
my heart. The Naam is so useful to me. The Lord.s Name permeates each and every hair of mine. The Perfect True Guru has
given me this gift. || 1 || ang 1144

:}:): ...nothing here that says don't, or should not or does not need to be cut, unless you can explain otherwise.

Quote:
He gives Support to the unsupported. The
Name of the Lord is the Wealth of the poor. The Lord of the Universe is the Master of the masterless; the Beautiful-haired Lord
is the Power of the weak. The Lord is Merciful to all beings, Eternal and Unchanging, the Family of the meek and humble. The
All-knowing, Perfect, Primal Lord God is the Lover of His devotees, the Embodiment of Mercy.
-1356-

Ok for some reason I did not find this on page 1356, so no comments until you can provide me with the correct page number. i am using www.srigranth.org
Quote:
The Supreme Lord God, the Transcendent, Luminous Lord, dwells in each and every heart. Nanak begs for this blessing from
the Merciful Lord, that he may never forget Him, never forget Him. || 21 ||ang 1356

WOW, talk about off topic. I don't see how this has anything to do with hair.
Quote:
Kabeer, chant the Name of the Beautifully-haired Lord; do not sleep unaware. Chanting His Name night and
day, the Lord will eventually hear your call. || 223 || ang 1376

Beautifully-haired lord eh? cool. And this is supposed to tell me to not cut my hair, etc etc?
the same kabeer tells me this:
[SIZE=+1]ਕਬੀਰ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਇਕ ਸਿਉ ਕੀਏ ਆਨ ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਜਾਇ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]कबीर प्रीति इक सिउ कीए आन दुबिधा जाइ ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Kabīr parīṯ ik si*o kī*ė ān ḏubiḏẖā jā*ė.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Kabeer, when you are in love with the One Lord, duality and alienation depart.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਭਾਵੈ ਲਾਂਬੇ ਕੇਸ ਕਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਘਰਰਿ ਮੁਡਾਇ ॥੨੫॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]भावै लांबे केस करु भावै घररि मुडाइ ॥२५॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Bẖāvai lāʼnbė kės kar bẖāvai gẖarar mudā*ė. ||25||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]You may have long hair, or you may shave your head bald. ||25||[/SIZE]
Quote:
SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: They pluck the hair out of their heads, and drink in filthy water;
they beg endlessly and eat the garbage which others have thrown away. They spread manure, they suck in rotting smells, and
they are afraid of clean water. Their hands are smeared with ashes, and the hair on their heads is plucked out.they are like
sheep! They have renounced the lifestyle of their mothers and fathers, and their families and relatives cry out in distress. No
one offers the rice dishes at their last rites, and no one lights the lamps for them. After their death, where will they be sent?
The sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage give them no place of protection, and no Brahmin will eat their food. They remain
polluted forever, day and night; they do not apply the ceremonial tilak mark to their foreheads. They sit together in silence, as
if in mourning; they do not go to the Lord.s Court. With their begging bowls hanging from their waists, and their fly-brushes in
their hands, they walk along in single file. They are not Yogis, and they are not Jangams, followers of Shiva.
-150-

They are not Qazis or Mullahs. Ruined by the Merciful Lord, they wander around in disgrace, and their entire troop is
contaminated. The Lord alone kills and restores to life; no one else can protect anyone from Him. They go without giving alms
or any cleansing baths; their shaven heads become covered with dust. The jewel emerged from the water, when the mountain
of gold was used to churn it. The gods established the sixty-eight sacred shrines of pilgrimage, where the festivals are
celebrated and hymns are chanted. After bathing, the Muslims recite their prayers, and after bathing, the Hindus perform their
worship services. The wise always take cleansing baths. At the time of death, and at the time of birth, they are purified, when
water is poured on their heads. O Nanak, the shaven-headed ones are devils. They are not pleased to hear these words. When
it rains, there is happiness. Water is the key to all life. When it rains, the corn grows, and the sugar cane, and the cotton,
which provides clothing for all. When it rains, the cows always have grass to graze upon, and housewives can churn the milk
into butter. With that ghee, sacred feasts and worship services are performed; all these efforts are blessed. The Guru is the
ocean, and all His Teachings are the river. Bathing within it, glorious greatness is obtained. O Nanak, if the shaven-headed
ones do not bathe, then seven handfuls of ashes are upon their heads. || 1 || ang 150

Did not find these quotes on page 150 so no comments until you provide correct page number, i am using Sri Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib
Quote:
On the fourteenth day of the lunar cycle, in the fourteen worlds and on each and every hair, the Lord
abides. Center yourself and meditate on truth and contentment. Speak the speech of God.s spiritual wisdom. || 15 ||ang 344

Let me finish this off.
[SIZE=+1]ਚਉਦਸਿ ਚਉਦਹ ਲੋਕ ਮਝਾਰਿ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]चउदसि चउदह लोक मझारि ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Cẖa*uḏas cẖa*oḏah lok majẖār.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]On the fourteenth day of the lunar cycle, in the fourteen worlds[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]रोम रोम महि बसहि मुरारि ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Rom rom meh baseh murār.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਸਤ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਕਾ ਧਰਹੁ ਧਿਆਨ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]सत संतोख का धरहु धिआन ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Saṯ sanṯokẖ kā ḏẖarahu ḏẖi*ān.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Center yourself and meditate on truth and contentment.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਕਥਨੀ ਕਥੀਐ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨ ॥੧੫॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]कथनी कथीऐ ब्रहम गिआन ॥१५॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Kathnī kathī*ai barahm gi*ān. ||15||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Speak the speech of God's spiritual wisdom. ||15||[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਪੂਨਿਉ ਪੂਰਾ ਚੰਦ ਅਕਾਸ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]पूनिउ पूरा चंद अकास ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Pūni*o pūrā cẖanḏ akās.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]On the day of the full moon, the full moon fills the heavens.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਪਸਰਹਿ ਕਲਾ ਸਹਜ ਪਰਗਾਸ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]पसरहि कला सहज परगास ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Pasrahi kalā sahj pargās.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Its power is diffused through its gentle light.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਮਧਿ ਹੋਇ ਰਹਿਆ ਥੀਰ [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]आदि अंति मधि होइ रहिआ थीर ॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Āḏ anṯ maḏẖ ho*ė rahi*ā thīr.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]In the beginning, in the end, and in the middle, God remains firm and steady.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਮਹਿ ਰਮਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ॥੧੬॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]सुख सागर महि रमहि कबीर ॥१६॥[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Sukẖ sāgar meh rameh Kabīr. ||16||[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Kabeer is immersed in the ocean of peace. ||16||[/SIZE]

Again doesnt say "don't cut hair", "shouldnt cut hair" or "dont need to cut hair".
the" long haired lord" thing seems to be a trend in Kabeer's writings.

Quote:
Hearing the Bani of the Lord.s Name, all my affairs were brought to
perfection and embellished. With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord. I
meditate on the Lord.s Name, and become pure; He has no form or shape. The Name of the Lord, Raam, Raam, is permeating
my heart deep within, and all of my desire and hunger has disappeared. My mind and body are totally adorned with peace and
tranquility; through the Guru.s Teachings, the Lord has been revealed to me. The Lord Himself has shown His kind mercy to
Nanak; He has made me the slave of the slaves of His slaves. || 3 || ang 443

... this is getting repititive. Its talking about how a gurmukh is absorbed into the meditation. That every single hair on his/her body is meditating upon hte lord. Again nothing to do with "helps one realize hair should not be cut nor does it need to be cut."

Quote:
Your eyes are beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. Your nose is graceful, and Your hair is so long. Your body is
precious, cast in gold. His body is cast in gold, and He wears Krishna.s mala; meditate on Him, O sisters. You shall not have to
stand at Death.s door, O sisters, if you listen to these teachings. From a crane, you shall be transformed into a swan, and the
filth of your mind shall be removed. Your eyes are beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful. || 7 || ang 567

... copy and paste
Again nothing to do with "helps one realize hair should not be cut nor does it need to be cut."
Quote:
I have come to Your Sanctuary, Destroyer of pain; O Primal
Immaculate Lord, may I dwell upon You in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. O Lord of beautiful hair, Destroyer of
pain, Eradicator of sins, Nanak lives, gazing upon the Blessed Vision of Your Darshan. || 2 || 9 || 125 || ang 829

Again nothing to do with "helps one realize hair should not be cut nor does it need to be cut."

Quote:
Finally, the True Guru said, .When I am gone, sing Kirtan in Praise of the Lord, in Nirvaanaa.. Call
in the long-haired scholarly Saints of the Lord, to read the sermon of the Lord, Har, Har. Read the sermon of the Lord, and
listen to the Lord.s Name; the Guru is pleased with love for the Lord. Do not bother with offering rice-***** on leaves, lighting
lamps, and other rituals like floating the body out on the Ganges; instead, let my remains be given up to the Lord.s Pool. The
Lord was pleased as the True Guru spoke; he was blended then with the all-knowing Primal Lord God.
-924-
The Guru then blessed the Sodhi Ram Das with the ceremonial tilak mark, the insignia of the True Word of the Shabad. || 5 || ang 923

Quote:
BhagatSingh ji, Why would Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji give the order to the Sikhs to keep their hair and why did the Gurus keep their hair uncut?

I don't know I am not Guru Gobind Singh. (been bashed on this forum for formulating a hypothesis of what Guru GObind singh would have thought when doing a certain action. SO I won't be getting into that again):yes:
No proof of whether the other Gurus kept their hair uncut.

HAHA, huge post! Mainly because there are repititions. So if once you get through that you may tell us your views. :}{}{}:

More...