Your view: Sikh Channel in Canada?

SBN CEO

Administrator
Staff member
Gurfateh everyone!
I was listening to Kirtan programs on the website of Sikh channel TV of UK. This channel has made giant strides in terms of making Sikhism accessible through television, especially for young people. The programs they do are of a wide range, and incorporate discussion/debates, Kirtan, Gurbani vichaar, talk shows, award events, kids shows, etc. They do all this but never neglect the younger generation, which I appreciate. I know there are channels here like ETC Punjabi that broadcast from Bangla Sahib and also local gurdwaras, there's Sur Sagar channel, and there's also a number of dispersed Punjabi culturally related talk shows on Vision TV and Omni. However, none of these channels are explicitly round the clock 24 hour SIKH channels, like the one in the UK. What I mean by that is that they probably telecast kirtan in the morning and the evening or for shorter time periods but then go back to playing music or soap operas or news. So I was just wondering what the consensus is on this forum about having a channel like Sikh Channel in the UK for Canada. I think the Canadian sangat, youth and adults, will equally appreciate it. Just some thoughts because with the combined effort of all the sangat in Canada we can actually make this happen.
P.S. Although this post is specific to Canada, everyone's comments are appreciated and encouraged

WJKK WJKP,
Sukrit Kaur

More...